Plan and provide for care and advice to individual clients over the phone to ensure optimum outcomes. The My Sanford Nurse registered nurse maintains accountability for patient assessment, application of protocols and use of sound professional judgement in clinical decision making. The nursing process is utilized to assess, diagnose, establish a plan with outcome criteria, intervene, evaluate, and document human responses to actual or potential health problems. The My Sanford Nurse registered nurse is responsible to implement the nursing process and collaborate with others within and outside of Sanford Health to assure the continuum of care. This practice includes dependent, interdependent and independent functions. |
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
Must have graduated from an accredited school or college of nursing. Bachelor's degree in nursing is preferred. Must have knowledge of computers and related software applications as well as proficient keyboarding skills. Knowledge of available community resources and MeritCare programs and services preferred. Must have three years recent clinical experience preferably in med/surg, critical care, emergency room, peds, or maternal health in an in/out patient care setting.
Must hold current licensure as a Registered Nurse in North Dakota. Must secure MN and SD license at the time of hire.
Job Specific Competencies
- Performs efficient and effective use of the call center software to appropriately document assessment and triage protocols utilized; and Sanford Health outpatient scheduling software applications, for the purpose of making physician referrals and booking physician appointments when appropriate.
- Demonstrates ability to keep conversation with callers focused and moving to closure effectively in order to efficiently process calls and meet established productivity and quality benchmarks.
- Observes and follows the duly adopted standards, policies, directives, and orders of the Board of Nursing as they may relate to the registered nurse.
- Preceptor: Demonstrates ability to serve as a preceptor when assigned, including introducing new associates to the service area, communicating and reinforcing core and job specific expectations, validating initial competency, assessing learning needs, serving as a resource, and providing feedback.
- Charge Nurse: Demonstrates ability to function in a Charge Nurse role when assigned, including providing leadership and support to staff, serving as a resource, assessing resource needs, providing feedback to manager/coordinator as needed, and collaborating with others to address service area and health system needs.
- Service Educator: Performs the role of Service Educator when assigned, including coordinating unit specifc orientation, assessing and planning to meet unit specific education needs in collaboration with Learning Services, and serves as an education resource for unit staff.
- Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
- Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
- Treats others with respect.
- Defines and delegates work responsibilities with clear, consistent expectations and outcomes.
- Demonstrates both knowledge and application of Sanford policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Demonstrates the ability to take charge, take unpopular stands if necessary, face difficult situations, and is looked to for direction from others.
- Facilitates and supports change within the Sanford Health.
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning for themselves and staff.
- Demonstrates and applies continuous quality improvement knowledge and skills.
Information Management Competencies
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates ability to collect, analyze and present data as appropriate to position.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix.
Professional/Clinical Practice Competencies
- Assessment: Conducts and documents nursing assessments of health status by collecting objective and subjective data from observations, exams, interviews and written records; sorting, selecting, reporting and recording the data; validating, refining, and modifying the data. Bases the scope and depth of assessment on the patients immediate condition or need.
- Diagnosis: Analyzes the assessment data to establish or modify nursing diagnoses to be used as a basis for nursing interventions.
- Planning: In collaboration with the patient, develops a plan of care based on nursing assessment and diagnosis that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes. This includes identifying the holistic needs of the patient, treatment decisions and priorities. Identifies community resources needed for continued care and makes referrals.
- Implementation: Implements the plan of care and the nursing interventions for the patient by writing nursing orders, giving direct care, assisting with care, determining the responsibilities that can properly and safely be assigned or delegated, providing an environment conducive to safety and health, communicating interventions and responses to other members of the health care team and executing the regimen prescribed by a licensed practitioner.
- Evaluation: Evaluates the responses to nursing interventions by documenting and communicating evaluation data to appropriate members of the health care team, utilizing data as a basis for reassessing client health status, measuring outcomes and goal attainment, modifying nursing diagnoses, revising strategies of care and prescribing changes in nursing interventions.
- Documentation: Thoroughly documents patient information in an accurate and timely manner, according to organizational policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Patient Education: Assesses patient needs and designs, implements and evaluates a teaching plan specific to individual needs or patient groups.
Age Related Competencies
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in customer interactions and adapts care according to patient's age/developmental stage.
- This position is classified as a Category III position under OSHA guidelines with no risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
The incumbent may provide work direction to other support staff.
View Physical Requirements
Regular and predictable attendance is required.
Sanford strives to be a great place to work and a great place to receive care. All applicants accepting an offer of employment with Sanford must consent to a drug screen.
Sanford participates in the E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all person(s) hired to work in the United States.
Sanford Health - 15 months ago
RN MY SANFORD NURSE
MY SANFORD NURSE - SANFORD SOUTH UNIVERSITY 1711 OFFICE BUILDING - FARGO ND
- 30+ days ago