CLINICAL MANAGER – EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT
- Provides overall clinical and operational management in collaboration with the Director in managed service areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Accountable for the performance and results of the patient care area during a 24 hour / 7 day period.
• Oversees the execution of short and long term strategies in support of organizational goals pertinent to department.
• Establishes and ensures compliance with standards of clinical care, as well as maintains service line accountability for staffing, quality, safety, service and clinical excellence throughout the department.
• Maintains integral relationships with medical staff leadership
• Accountable for the implementation and proper application of policies, programs and services as established by federal and state regulatory bodies.
• Oversees staffing to ensure adequate coverage on any unit.
• Reviews, researches, and analyzes parent surveys and creates action plans to address parent satisfaction issues.
• Monitors quality metrics and changes in practice that impact clinical, financial, or operational outcomes.
• Manages professional staff and/or team leaders over multiple teams
• Typical span of control is 10
• Provides guidance, coaching, and feedback to team leaders on effective management techniques
• Makes employment decisions for the team Other Management Responsibilities
• Assists Director with the planning, development, and implementation of annual budget, including the preparation of budget feedback reports.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of performance improvement objectives.
• Reviews, approves, and forwards incident reports related to risk management objectives and initiatives.