RN Nurse Surveyor - Texas
Creative Solutions in Healthcare
Creative Solutions in Healthcare, a premier healthcare company is seeking an experienced RN Nurse Surveyor for oversight of Skilled Nursing Facilities in selected Texas markets. Our company is known for their commitment to quality, and owns and operates multiple skilled nursing care centers throughout Texas. Ideal candidates will have 3-5 years as a Nurse Consultant. Must be well versed in running facilities with a high acuity, and a high volume of admissions and discharges. Previous Nurse Management experience in an acute care setting or prior experience as a state nursing surveyor is desirable.
- Conduct pre-visit conference with Administrator and DON
- Review areas of concerns, including environmental, resident/family complaints, survey issues and facility-reported State data.
- Perform facility rounds with DON, Unit Mangers, Medical Director and/or others as appropriate
- Review minutes of QI meetings, action plans, follow up reports to measure effectiveness of CQI Program. Assist the administrator to structure and implement an effective CQI Program.
- Review accident/incident reports, reports to State agencies, investigations performed. Collect data for analysis and trending. Assist the Administrator & Director of Nursing to implement an effective investigative and reporting process.
- Conduct risk assessment to determine areas of actual or potential liability. Assist the Administrator & management team to implement an effective Risk Management Program.
- Conduct a review of resident & staff safety, including education & training, results of surveys, etc. Provide education & training to maximize resident/staff Safety Programs.
- Conduct an exit conference with the Administrator and DON.
- Registered Nurse in good standing in the State of Texas
- Three to Five years of clinical leadership as a DON in a Skilled Long Term Care setting.
- Multi-facility consultation and/or management highly preferred.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Proven written, oral skills and interpersonal skills.
- Management experience working in a high acuity/high medicare census setting is a MUST.
- The ability to travel extensively within a specified territory; this position requires some overnight travel.
- Must consent to pre-employment background screening, licensure verification, and the ability to qualify for company driver insurance.
Creative Solutions in Healthcare provides an extensive benefits package, including cell phone reimbursement, car allowance, paid time off, free CEU credits, health/dental/vision and ancillary insurance products, and unparalleled company support. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Please respond with your resume, geographic preferences and salary requirements for immediate consideration.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard