John Randolph Medical Center is currently seeking a PRN RN in Outpatient Surgery!
This will be a PRN opening with pre-scheduling of days needed when available by the department. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced outpatient surgery RN looking to pick up extra days in conjunction with another full/part-time job, or someone interested in continuing to work PRN in OPS on a flexible basis.
The Outpatient RN provides nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the patient before, and after a surgical procedure.
- Provides nursing care to the patient undergoing surgical procedures.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, applies dressings, monitors vital signs.
- Assists physician during procedures.
- Ensures the proper handling of specimens.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Our Family Taking Care of Your Family Because We Care...
With John Randolph's longstanding history and personalized atmosphere, there's no better place to call "home". As part of HCA Virginia Health System, our Total Rewards package offers comprehensive and competitive options to meet the needs of our valuable employees. This includes 401(K) with company match, a variety of local and national discounts, and much, much more...come join our family in making a difference in the lives of our patients by applying today!
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN. Previous, recent experience (at least 1 year as an RN) in outpatient surgery required for PRN.
- Must have American Heart Association CPR.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 100 lbs.
HCA Inc - 23 months ago
We’re your local community hospital, serving Hopewell, Colonial Heights, Petersburg and the surrounding area since 1915. At our...