Denton Regional Medical Center is a 208 bed, full service hospital that serves the growing population of Denton, Wise, Cooke and Montague Counties. Offering a full-spectrum of healthcare services, including advanced open-heart surgery and trauma programs, Denton Regional's more than 850 employees and 300 physicians are constantly striving to offer the highest quality service to the North Texas area. At Denton Regional Medical Center we feel that customer service is an important part of every person's job and strive to enhance community health through our service with compassion, excellence and efficiency.
The RN is responsible for decisions and actions within the domain of nursing practice. Important aspects of this responsibility are the promotion of a safe and therapeutic environment for both the recipients and providers of nursing care; acquisition of specialized knowledge skills and additional formal education to provide specialized care; demonstration and validation of competence in nursing practice; clinical practice consistent with the policies, procedures and standards of this facility; and supervision of other staff as designated within the department.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS.
- Recent Critical Care Experience Preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Bachelors Degree in Nusing Preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.