is the premiere behavioral health inpatient facility in the Kansas City area and offers a complete range of acute inpatient, day treatment, and community based outpatient behavioral health care. We treat children, adolescents, adults and senior adults for emotional problems, mental illness, and behavioral health issues. We offer a friendly work environment, supportive management team, and excellent benefits.
The Mental Health RN manages the nursing care of patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Performs initial and on-going physical and psychosocial assessment according to accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Participates in treatment team conferences to assist in planning and revising goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the age-related and problem-specific needs of each patient.
- Implements nursing plan of care for assigned patients and conducts and/or co-leads group therapy sessions for patients.
- Evaluates patient's response to interventions and revises nursing plan of care as needed.
- Collaborates with the treatment team to revise goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the changes in patient status.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Current Missouri licensure as an RN.
- Current BLS Healthcare Provider and NVCI upon hire or within three months of hire.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 100 pounds.
- PRN positions require 1 year RN experience, psych experience highly preferred.
HCA Inc - 18 months ago