GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:|
The registered nurse provides professional nursing care for clinic patients following established standards and practices. The registered nurse demonstrates critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, and leadership in the anticipation and planning for the care of the patient.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Maintaining an orderly, efficient, and timely flow of patients.
2. Greeting patients and preparing them for physicians examination.
3. Providing general nursing care to patients as necessary for office treatment.
4. Screening patients for appropriate information.
5. Instructing patients in collection of samples and tests.
6. Arranging for patient testing and admissions.
7. Checking rooms daily for necessary supplies.
8. Responding to and referring incoming telephone calls.
9. Instructing patients and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
10. Maintaining and reviewing patients records and other pertinent information.
11. Posting tests and examination results.
12. Maintaining patient confidentially.
13. Administering medications in accordance with physician orders.
14. Maintaining current knowledge to assure a safe working environment and demonstrating practical application of all policies and procedures relative to safety and infection control.
15. Utilizing universal precautions in any potential contact with patient body fluids or used patient supplies that may be contaminated with patient body fluids.
16. Projecting a positive image of the facility in all interactions and supporting effective team functioning.
17. Must read and understand and adhere to all Physician Care policies and procedures.
18. Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct and Mission and Values statements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
This position requires the following minimal requirements:
Knowledge of accepted nursing standards and practices.
Knowledge of basic pharmacology.
Knowledge of basic computer skills.
Skill in providing patient care in accordance with the facilitys applicable standards, policies, and procedures.
Ability to present a positive image of the facility.
Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
Ability to communicate effectively with patients, peers, physicians, and family members.
Graduation from an accredited school of registered nursing is required.
From one to three years experience as a Cardiology Registered Nurse is preferred.
Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in accordance with state regulations
HCA Inc - 7 months ago