Not accepting New Grads.
Must have a minimum of one year recent Med/Surg experience in an acute care hospital.
The Medical Surgical RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient’s discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
HealthONE - 7 months ago