The Physicians East clinical supervisor is accountable and responsible for the daily activities of their department/facility. The clinical supervisor is responsible for personnel evaluations and ensuring that Physicians East policies/procedures are followed. The clinical supervisor performs duties specific to their department/facility and in addition attends meetings, seminars, training sessions, continuing education classes, etc. The clinical supervisor maintains a positive attitude and encourages teamwork and work efficiency without compromising patient/employee safety. Duties: In addition to Department/Facility specific job description, the Physicians East Clinical Supervisor does the following:
1. Directs, coordinates and controls the overall operation of the department or facility.
2. Develops short and long term goals for the department/facility and analyzes activities in order to ascertain the extent to which goals are being met.
3. Communicates Physicians East policies and procedures to employees and serves a s a liaison between employee, administrative and medical staff.
4.Orders supplies and equipment and maintains and adequate level of supplies and equipment necessary to perform all procedures safely and efficiently.
5. Develops and updates departmental/facility policies, practices, and procedures consistent with professional standards, legal/regulatory requirements.
6. Keeps administration informed of nursing department activities, needs and problems.
7. Directly evaluates the quality of the care given to the patients by staff through personal observation, patient interviews and the use of other evaluative tools.
8. Conducts performance appraisal conferences and goal review conferences with each staff member at established intervals.
9. Maintains written records of employee performance on an ongoing basis.
10. Communicates with staff and counsels on a formal and/or informal basis: initiates disciplinary action as necessary.
11. Recommends appointment, transfer, promotion or termination of employees as indicated with thorough documentation of rationale.
12. Responsible for supporting and encouraging continuing education of self and staff
13. Maintains standards of nursing care and implements the policies and procedures of Physicians East, PA
14. Assesses the patient's condition and nursing needed: set goals and prescribes appropriate nursing actions to meet those goals as well as the physical, psychological, social and rehabilitative needs of the patient.
15. Establishes and maintains communication and utilizes teaching opportunities with patients and other significant individuals.
16. Assigns nursing care to team members in accordance with their capabilities and qualifications and the patient's needs; assigns other duties as needed.
17. Directs, supervises and evaluates nursing care provided to patients.
18. Attends and/or conducts staff meetings as required.
19. Plans and participates in orientation and development of staff and plans for open professional development.
20. Ensures that all clinical staff are oriented to their job responsibilities.
21. Provides supervision to staff members in fulfilling their job responsibilities effectively and accurately; serves as a role model.
22. Identifies staff learning needs and establishes goals for continued development: arranges for staff participation in formal educational experiences.
23. Ensures the established standards of safety in the operation and maintenance of equipment.
24. Stresses adherence to standards and procedures of infection control and aseptic technique.
25. Assists assigned physician and clinical staff as needed.
26. Performs errands/duties as delegated by the Clinical Managers or Director of Clinical Services.
27. Keeps Clinical Managers informed of high-risk situations.
28. Practices infection control following OSHA guidelines and Physicians East policy.
29. Maintains annual CPR certification.
30. Attends fire safety classes.
31. Maintains annual safety and compliance training.
32. Attends required meetings and other continuing education classes offered by Physicians East, PA
33. Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
34. Performs related work as required.
35. Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
36. Orients and trains new employees.
37. Maintains payroll and PTO records.
38. Speaks with employees concerning areas of work, skills and/or conduct that need improvement.
39. Conducts annual personnel evaluations.
40. Documents and carries out necessary disciplinary actions.
41. Conducts departmental meetings monthly or as needed.
42. Meets with physicians when needed.
43. Follows Physicians East, PA policies/procedures.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Qualifications: Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program
Licensure: Must be registered with NCBON and in good standing
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.
Physicians East is dedicated to providing comprehensive health care to residents of eastern North Carolina. It's our motto and desire.