The Willows Nursing and Rehabilitation Center located in Sun Prairie is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse ( RN) to serve as a Unit Manager. We have a full time opening on day and the evening shift. We are searching for an individual with long term care experience.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of residents.
- Nursing care is provided through assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the plan of care.
- Adheres to the standards of care for the area, manages the environment to maintain resident safety, and supervises the care provided by nurses, and nursing assistants and helpers.
- Follows all Extendicare’s policies and procedures.
- Performs duties as defined by the State Nurse Practice Act.
o Responsible for resident care on the unit he/she manages.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Rounding on unit to ensure resident care is provided in accordance with acceptable nursing standards
- Gives/receives the nursing report upon reporting in and ending shift duty hours.
- Attends regularly conducted staff meetings and participates regularly in continuing education programs.
- Handles on-call responsibilities as required.
- Provides the following nursing functions:
o Reviews 24 ° report and makes rounds to meet resident care needs and assign staff.
o Ensures required patient assessments and interventions are completed.
o Reviews care plans, at least daily, to ensure appropriate care.
o Communicates with team members/families/physicians of resident changes in condition.
o Ensures care is provided as needed by residents.
o Assists the physician in therapeutic measures, as needed.
o Participates in care plan development and attends resident care conferences for his/her unit.
o Helps determine policies for improvement of care.
o Reviews physician’s orders to ensure they are appropriately recorded resident’s chart, Kardex/Care Plan A, Medication Administration Record ( “MAR”), treatment/care plans, are implemented as required.
o Reviews charting in nurses notes for accurate informative and descriptive recording that reflect the care provided as well as the resident’s response to the care.
o Reviews documents for all pertinent data as required by Medicare, Medicaid, Extendicare standards and policies.
o Completes the required forms upon admission, transfer, and/or discharge.
- Possesses a current license to practice in the State as an RN.
- Ability to manage and supervise a nursing unit.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- One year of supervisory experience in a skilled care/rehabilitation environment.
- Ability to read, writes, speak and understand English.
- Meets all health requirements, as required by law.
- Ability to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers and other facility staff.
We offer an attractive compensation and industry-leading benefits package including:
For full time nurses, we offer medical benefits with no premium cost during your introductory period.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401 ( k) and matching contributions
- STD/LTD and life insurance
- Paid time off - personal, sick, vacation and holiday
- Employee-assistance program - employees and dependents
- …..And more!
We strive to provide our employees with the tools necessary for development and success.
Extendicare, helping people live better!
Extendicare - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -