Under physician's order, the RN is responsible for identifying and coordinating patient/family needs, facility staff and for providing preventive and supportive care to the terminally ill patient/family unit. The RN utilizes assessment, intervention and teaching skills to maximize patient comfort and the enhance the quality of life for the patient/family unit.
1. Provide ongoing assessments of physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of the patient/family unit and intiate appropriate intervention.
2. Perform admission as needed. Determine the current health status of the patient based on the Hospice philosophy and identify patient/family problems. 3. Coordinate and identify services needed by the patient after hours.
5. Involve back-up, on call person(s) when necessary to insure quality and continuity of patient/family care.
6. Provide accurate and appropriate documentation of patient/family services as provided for in GRH policies.
7. Participate in death attendance.
8. Demonstrate knowledge of GRH policies and procedures and pertinent State and Federal Rules and Regulations.
9. Communicate pertinent information to NCM and staff members as necessary to promote continuity of care.
10. Administer medications and treatments prescribedby the attending physician.
11. Assume responsibility for accurate level of care.
12. Provide follow-up for patient care issues identified as necessary by the primary nurse or NCM.
13. Obtain daily patient/family information updates from the teams and avail self to receive pertinent documentation .
14. Perform other duties as requested by the NCM.
1. Currently licensed by the State of Florida as a Registered Nurse.
2. Minimum of one (1) year nursing experience.
3. Must have reliable transportation to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must be able to provide proof of automobile insurance and have a valid Florida driver's license, a copy of which will be placed in their employee file.
Gulfside Regional Hospice, Inc. - 2 years ago