All employees are expected to perform their duties in alignment with the vision and values of the organization. The person doing this job is responsible for a variety of tasks that lead to a high level of customer satisfaction in the most cost effective manner. Under the general supervision of the Case Management Supervisor, the Case Manager will review, assess, and identify high risk cases and high resource consumptive cases and coordinate the activities of the primary care team in best practice Case Management, Discharge Planning and Utilization Management activities.
Acute hospital nursing experience in multiple specialty areas. 3 -5 years prior Utilization Management/Case Management experience. Graduate of accredited school of nursing, college or university degree BSN preferred. Certificate in Case Management or CPHQ preferred. Able to effectively use Care Maps. Knowledge of community resources and methods of resolving patient needs such as discharge planning, home health, durable medical equipment, skilled nursing facility helpful. Ability to Case Manage smoothly and increase patient/doctor satisfaction while staying within established guidelines. Knowledge of Title XVIII and XIX. Knowledge of Milliman and Robertson, and Integral Criteria. Registered Nurse in the State of California.
Per Diem Employee Availability:
1. Scheduled to work in areas at California Hospital Medical Center for which qualified, according to organization and business needs.
2. Scheduled to work one (1) of the following holidays (Christmas or New Year’s Day) and one (1) of the following holidays (Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, July 4 th or Labor Day) per calendar year. Nurse Manager will have the right to fairly distribute the major holidays among the per diem staff.
3. Available to be scheduled and to work according to the level hired for (Level I, II or III).
Per Diem Employee Responsibilities:
1. Availability must be made known to manager at least 3 weeks prior to posting of the schedule.
2. Once a shift is scheduled, Per Diem employee is committed to work.
3. Self-cancellations must be 24 hours before the shift and the shift must be rescheduled to meet the minimum requirement for the Compensation Level. RNs shall call in at least 2 ½ hours prior to start of shift for any unscheduled absence.
4. All newly hired Per Diem employees are expected to attend new employee (1day) and patient care orientation (2 days).
5. Per Diem employees are expected to abide by all California Hospital policies and procedures including annual safety update, competency testing and PPD verification.
6. The employee who calls in sick or absent on their assigned weekend will be required to make-up the missed shift(s). Make-up shifts will be scheduled at the discretion of the Nurse Manager.
We're California Hospital Medical Center (CHMC), a not-for-profit, 319-bed acute and ambulatory care hospital that provides services to the dynamic community of downtown Los Angeles and its surrounding neighborhoods. With a 120-year history of healing, our vision is a growing and diversified health care ministry distinguished by excellent quality and committed to expanding access to those in need.
The hospital is part of Dignity Health, formerly Catholic Healthcare West, one of the largest healthcare systems in the West with 40 hospitals in Arizona, California and Nevada. Our mission, vision and values were all formed out of the recognition of the inherent dignity of each person. It also represents our commitment to delivering excellent medical care to all, to advocating on behalf of the poor, and to partnering with others to improve the quality of life.
Our outstanding benefits package includes 100% employer paid Medical Benefits for you and your family, including domestic partners. Also included are a 403 (b) plan with company match, tuition reimbursement and comprehensive dental and vision plans. .
Located blocks from Staples Center and LA Live, California Hospital is walking distance from the Metro Blue Line and employee parking is complimentary. The hospital also sponsors shuttle service to and from Union Station. To find out more, go to www.chmcla.org. EOE.
Dignity Health - 10 months ago
With a growing network of hospitals throughout Arizona, California and Nevada, Dignity Health offers a spectacular array of career...