To serve the needs of the health plan members and the other patients of the Kaiser Permanente Health Care Program. Under supervision is responsible for assessing, planning, directing, providing and evaluating nursing care for patients and coordinating nursing care activities with other health care disciplines.
- Able to recognize cardiac rhythms and dysrhythmias and 12-lead EKG recognition, and intervene.
- Demonstrate competency in Point of Care Testing equipment.
- Demonstrate competency in the care of complex cardiac medical and surgical patients.
- Demonstrate competency in pre- and post-cardiac cath procedure management.
- Demonstrate competency in administration, preparation and calculation of medications and IV drips.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate strong team building skills.
- Ability to precept and assist with orientation of new staff.
- Demonstrates excellence in service, assists with daily patient rounding, facilitates service recovery when necessary.
- Facilitates efficient patient flow.
- Supports unit operational goals and holds self and peers accountable for best practices.
- Pre- and post- cardiac cath procedure management, groin management and closure devices, including Femostop and Safeguard.
- Administration, preparation and calculation of medications.
- Competent in transcutaneous pacing.
- Competent in accurately obtaining a stat 12 lead EKG.
- Competent in care of patient with tracheostomy.
- Competent in care of patient with BiPAP/CPAP.
- Competent in care of patients with new pacemaker implants.
- 2 years of current telemetry inpatient experience (within the last 3 years)
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing
- Current RN License upon hire
- Current BLS w/AED certification
Salary range: $32.45 - $46.67
- BSN or related field
- 2 years of current telemetry, post cardiac surgery, PCI or equivalent inpatient experience (within the last 3 years)
- PCCN / CCRN Certification
- Stroke Certification
Kaiser Permanente - 22 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...