This Registered Nurse will be actively involved in all aspects of the Inpatient Wound Care Program. The Inpatient Wound Care Nurse will work in a fast paced environment on a multi-disciplinary team that is highly patient focused and dedicated to delivering the best care to our patients. This individual must be self directed organized, and able to take an assignment and go. As a member or the Wound Care Team, this RN will be actively involved in helping the facility adhere to the National Patient Safety Goals in relation to wound care and pressure ulcer prevention. This individual will also be involved in reviewing policy on effective and efficient wound care practices. Clinical support will be paramount, for both the nursing staff and for physician based wound care programs.
Essential duties include:
• Responsible for meeting the established standards of nursing practice in the management of all assigned patients.
• Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
• Instructs and educates patients and families.
• Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
• Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
• Orients and mentors new staff members.
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Associates Degree required, Bachelors Degree preferred. Current Florida Registered Nurse License reqiured. W.C.C. or W.O.C.N. certificaton preferred. Minimum of one year RN experience required.
HCA Inc - 2 years ago