no experience required
- Job Summary
- Using the cognitive skills of application, analysis, synthesis, and evaluation, the Registered Nurse is responsible for using the concepts of case management and excellent customer service to coordinate and supervise the nursing care of all patients: neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric. The nursing process, (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care) will be the framework in which care is provided. Key functions include providing complex direct patient care, coordinating care, discharge planning, patient/family teaching, patient/family support and advocacy, and case management. The Registered Nurse performs duties within the construct of a unit-based, interdisciplinary patient care team while sharing various tasks with other licensed and non-licensed staff members. The Registered Nurse is responsible for developing and monitoring the cross trainable tasks that are performed by other team members. Embraces shared governance nursing organizational principals by serving on nursing councils as participant or leader so that outcome, goals and objectives of nursing are achieved.
- Accountability will be monitored through direct observations; achievement of team service goals including satisfaction, quality, and financial outcomes; and performance improvement activities.
- The provision of nursing care will be provided in an environment that embraces maximum participation by the staff nurses, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses and the ANA Practice Standards.
- Demonstrates population-specific competencies (e.g. age-specific, cultural sensitivity, patient-centered communication) in performance of role.
- Qualifications Required
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing. Must successfully complete Registered Nurse training program during initial orientation/cross-training period.
RN II requires BSN, Baccalaureate in nursing or MSN.
- Current and valid professional nurse license in Georgia
- BCLS required or attained during orientation; ACLS required for critical care areas or attained within 1 yr.
- ACLS required for telemetry or attained within 2 yrs.
- Normal experience gained in school of nursing required. Experience is desirable. Prefer experience dealing with the disease and health care needs of the population served (e.g., 6 N/S will prefer experience with adult, surgical patients; 3 South will prefer experience with OB/GYN patients).
- Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Ability to think critically and prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Nursing knowledge of growth and development relevant to the ages of the patients served.
- Nursing knowledge of the diseases and health care needs of the patient population served.
- Assessment, analytical, and synthesis skills sufficient to interpret and analyze patient health data; identify nursing diagnoses; prioritize needs; and develop an individualized plan of care.
- Evaluation skills adequate to evaluate patient response to care and take appropriate action.
- High level of interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate with patients, families, visitors, team members, physicians and other hospital personnel with whom daily interactions must take place.
- Basic knowledge of and skills in management sufficient to effectively supervise team personnel when acting as Team Leader.
- High level of interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively as a team member on a team with varying levels of health care workers.
- Problem solving skills sufficient to allow effective problem/conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated traits of initiative and dependability required.
- Ability to perform efficiently and effectively under stress.
- Philosophy of health care service is compatible with that of the mission of University Hospital.
- Physical Demands
- Standing for long periods - 6-8 hrs.
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Bending and stooping
- Walking for long periods
- Lifting of heavy patients
- Sensory: sight to observe patient symptomsauditory to hear patientstactile to feel patient symptoms (warmth, induration)olfactory to smell disease specific smells
University Health Care System - 30+ days ago