This Job Description provides criteria for evaluation of the RN working in the staff position. The RN assigned to the Cath Lab/Cardiac Rehab Unit cares for patients in the age ranges as listed: adult and geriatric.
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for Cardiovascular Nursing and managing all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment.
- Maintains competency in performing all skills outlined in the CV Nursing competency skills list.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care. Will participate in peer review and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Responsible for direction of emergent care in crisis situation in a calm, knowledgeable manner.
- Patient and family education pre and post procedure.
- Assists physicians with procedures, as necessary (i.e., right and left Heart Cath, temporary and permanent Pacemakers, Aortagrams, Cardioversions, Vena Cava Filter Placement, Pericardiocentesis, and Intra-aortic Balloon Placement, Peripheral Angioplasty, Peripheral Stent Placement, Intra-arterial/Venous Infusion Therapy, Percutaneous Coronary Intervention [PCI], Angiojet).
- Assumes responsibility of charging department, as needed. Maintains clear and respectful communication with patient, family, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
- Responsible for administration of medication, knowledgeable of actions, indications, contraindications, adverse reactions, dosage and route of all drugs administered.
- Adheres to and complies with HCA Code of Conduct as part of our Ethics and Compliance Program. Attends annual training sessions.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current RN license.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS.
- Minimum 1 year ICU, CCU or Cardiac Cath Lab Experience required.
- Current Knowledge of ECG monitoring
- I.A.B.P. experience preferred
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Possess the ability to work as member of a team or independently as the needs require and to prioritize responsibilities
- Clinically proficient in cath lab procedures demonstrating a knowledge of the developmental needs of the adolescent, adult and geriatric patients