Job Details: Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) minimum ROLE SUMMARY
Works under the supervision of the Home Care Patient Care Manager. The Staff RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and supervises patient/family care in the home based on age-specific needs/expected outcomes according to policies and procedures. Accepts responsibility for direction of coworkers in the implementation of care plans. The employee will maintain confidentiality at all times.
1. Uses the nursing process when planning and providing patient/family care.
2. Coordinates patient care activities and maintains communications with other disciplines.
3. Oversees the delegation of specifics of Care Plan to other employees.
4. Teaches the patient/family about the patient's care needs, disease prevention and health maintenance measures.
5. Performs technical procedures safely according to policies and procedures.
6. Maintains accurate and timely records according to policy.
7. Demonstrates self-directed behavior.
8. Attends a minimum of 15 hours of continuing education on a yearly basis. Attends mandatory hospital in-services on a yearly basis. Attends all staff meetings and case conferences and signs off as having read minutes for those missed.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to develop positive interaction with patients, patients' families, physicians and staff in order to effectively care for the patients.
- Ability to speak clearly to communicate with patients, families, physicians and staff in order to effectively care for the patients.
- Ability to assess, evaluate, explain, teach, problem solve using critical thinking, and perform calculations.
- Ability to work in an organized manner.
- Uses nursing process to facilitate patient care.
- Diploma, Associate Degree or BSN (preferred)
- RN licensure in the State of Wyoming. Current Wyoming driver's license and auto insurance.
- Maintains current CPR certification and specialty certifications as required per department. 1 year experience as an RN
Facility Cheyenne Regional
Shift Day shift
Nursing Career Network - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard -
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...