Evaluates and treats patients
Handles patient telephone calls, answers questions, offers medical advice, authorizes medications
Performs and assists in medical procedures specific to the specialty of family practice.
Counsels and educates with respect to medications, treatments, procedures and all else to the care of the patient
Keep current CPR certification
Supervises research projects existing and future
Certification/Licensure Required for Job: Graduate of accredited Nurse Practitioner Program, current WI state license.
Experience in treating geriatric patients required
1. Evaluates and treats patients; appropriately determines when referral to Physicians is required.
2. Returns patients' telephone calls; answers questions, offer medical advice, authorizes medications, and appropriately determines problems to be referred to Physicians.
3. Performs medical procedures specific to specialty area and training.
4. Counsels and educates patients and families with respect o medications, illnesses, treatments, procedures, wellness issues, etc.
5. Develops, implements, and revises medical/clinical departmental procedures as necessary.
6. Communicates regularly with clinics, hospitals, state agencies, vendors, other health professionals, etc, to keep abreast of developments in specialty area.
7. Responsibly charge and code all supplies, medications and procedures.
8. Keep current CPR certification, if applicable. Attend required emergency training sessions, OSHA training sessions, and staff meetings.
9. Accurate and timely documentation of nursing interventions. Follow clinic policies and procedures as they relate to Human Resources, Nursing, and Exposure Control.
10. Participates in educational conferences. Updates and maintains professional knowledge and skill related to areas of practice.
11. Maintains patient confidentiality.
12. Participate in training and skills development of new personnel.
Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Wheaton Franciscan Services (WFSI) is the parent company for more than 100 health care, housing, and social service organizations in...