Only licensed RN's will be considered for this position
1. Under the supervision of the Charge Nurse and/or Nurse Manager, responsible and accountable for individual nursing practice and, when applicable, appropriately delegates and supervises tasks to provide optimum patient care.
2. Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and to continue personal and professional growth.
3. Participates in establishing, maintaining, and improving patient's health care goals through patient assessment, planning and implementation of nursing interventions and evaluation of patient outcomes.
4. Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
5. Accurately and completely documents all aspects of care given.
6. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness.
7. Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
8. Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
9. Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
10. Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
11. Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
12. To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
13. Other duties as assigned
Two years experience in Level III NICU required to be considered. Will train in PICC line insertion.
Must have the ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
Associate's Degree required, BSN preferred or currently pursuing to obtain within 2 years.
Current RN license in Texas
BCLScertified THROUGH AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION REQUIRED
Medication Learning Module,
ACLS, Certification in specialty area
kills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Reads and writes basic English with the basic skills necessary to transfer physician's orders. Basic computer and typing skills Knowledge of standard precautions. Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs.
HCA Inc - 12 months ago