Tenet, through its subsidiaries, owns and operates acute care hospitals and numerous related health care services. Our mission is to be recognized for our commitment to our people and partners who provide quality, innovative care to the patients we serve in our communities. It's a spirit you can experience first-hand and it's a philosophy that can enhance your own approach to health care and your career goals.
Under the direction of the Department Director and/or Charge Nurse, provides direct and/or indirect, safe and effective professional nursing care. Assumes responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating health care needs of all patients assigned. Provides nursing care to a patient population ranging from infant to geriatric, unless otherwise indicated. Works collaboratively with the health care team, is customer focused and strives to meet unit and hospital goals. Provides quality nursing care according to established practice standards and guidelines for the area(s) assigned. Must be willing/able to float to other (comparable) nursing units, as requested/needed.
- Knowledge of general nursing theories and practice
- Previous hospital experience preferred
- Must have management and teaching ability
- Must be able to effectively motivate and supervise others.
- Must be able to utilize initiative and independent action when required within the scope of professional nursing practice
- Must be able to utilize good judgment in evaluating alternatives in difficult situations.
- Must be able to work with the realization that errors in receiving and transcribing order, giving medications, treatments, or performing other procedures or performing supervisory duties could have detrimental effects to the patients.
- Must have good verbal communications skills
- Must have the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with physicians, patients and family members personnel
- Discretion is required in handling confidential information
- Must be able to work irregular schedules, weekends and holiday due to staffing and census fluctuations
- Must be able to assume the role of a Charge Nurse as needed/requested
734-Southeastern Spine Institute
- 3 years ago - save job