Reporting to the Director of Women's Services the staff RN is a professional care giver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environment/instrumentation, and other health care team members. If assigned as charge nurse, will serve as resource for coordination of activities on a single unit. Responsibilities as charge nurse include, but are not limited to, assessment of unit needs and available resources for current and oncoming shift(s) based on: patient acuity, volume, individual and family needs and special clinical procedures or interventions pending.
Current RN licensure in Texas. BLS certified.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum of one year critical experience preferred.
- Critical care experience preferred.
- Basic arrhythmia knowledge preferred.
- BLS required within 14 days of employment
- ACLS/NRP required within 6 months.
- Basic Fetal Monitoring within 6months to be renewed every 2yrs.
Status : Full-time
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transfer physician's orders.
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from other staff
- Knowledge of universal precautions.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient and family.
- Computer Literate
Education : Must be a graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing