RN CHRONIC DISEASE CARE COORDINATOR
AT FLAGSTAFF MEDICAL CENTER
This is a full time 40 hour per week position. Days shift.
The Chronic Disease Care Coordinator is a professional Registered Nurse with expert clinical nursing knowledge of specific populations. The NCC will utilize the nursing process and collaborate with the interdisciplinary team to identify, assess, plan, implement, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate options and services in meeting the needs of high risk individuals and/or those with complex medical needs. The NCC functions across the health care continuum, interfacing with the multi-disciplinary professional team to facilitate the best possible clinical outcomes and optimal level of wellness in the most resource appropriate manner.
-Graduate from accredited School of Nursing - required.
- BSN (or bachelors degree in related field) - required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum continuing education of 30 hours per year to include hours in relevant specialty - required.
- 3-5 recent years Med-Surg or Cardiovascular experience - preferred.
- Case Management / Chronic Disease Management experience - preferred.
- BLS (American Heart Assoc.) - required upon hire.
- Current RN license within the state of Arizona - required.
- National Certification in relevant specialty within two years of hire - preferred.
Skills - required:
- Ability to problem solve using critical thinking skills, visionary capabilities, creativity, patience and flexibility.
- Recognized clinical expert.
- Possesses skills to be able to do extensive assessment, development/implementation of care and discharge plans.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with children and adults regardless of physical handicap.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with healthcare team (ie Physicians, Healthcare Providers and Healthcare Professionals.
Able to work with families and groups as is required to provide supportive services.
- Able to be flexible, reliable, and accountable.
Northern Arizona Healthcare - 13 months ago