Department Marketing Statement
Med/Surg - Bed/Capacity: 22
Unit Description: An adult (14 year old to elderly adult) surgical/genitourinary/renal transplant unit. General surgical procedures include plastic, genitourinary, renal and ENT patients. The renal patient population includes those patients in acute and chronic renal failure and postoperative renal transplant and rejection patients.
Guided by knowledge of the basic principles of nursing based on the biological, physical, and psycho-social sciences, utilizes judgment supported by evidence and nursing theory in the delivery of nursing care. Provides, coordinates and/or delegates nursing care and manages resources in the delivery of care for patients, the family of patients and the community, with the goal of attaining, maintaining and restoring optimum health.
1. Formal Education Required:
2. Experience & Training Required:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing, or a school accepted for candidacy status from an accrediting body
3. Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- Per diem RNs must have at least one year recent experience in the area of practice
- Two years of related RN experience required for all weekend option and float positions; for critical care, experience must include intensive and/or coronary care; for telemetry, experience must include telemetry
- Additional related previous experience and/or preparation maybe required for specialty units
a. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination
b. Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time
c. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
d. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours
e. Requires exposure to communicable disease, body fluids, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, and other potentially hazardous conditions common to a clinical environment, such as risk of falls, strains, etc.
f. Maintains current Basic Life Support Certification; All nurses new to critical care, PACU, and ED must successfully complete Advanced Cardiac Life Support within the first year and maintain current card. Experienced critical care RNs and RNs hired as per diems in critical care, PACU, and ED must successfully complete Advanced Cardiac Life Support within six months and maintain current card.
Every weekend, occasional holidays.
7:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Summa Health System - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Acute care hospitals plus a network of outpatient and primary care clinics plus a health care plan yields the sum of Summa Health System....