This Job Description for the RN on the HBO/Wound Center provides criteria for evaluation of the Registered Nurse working in the RN position. The RN assigned to the HBO/Wound Center cares for patients in the age ranges listed: adolescent, adult and geriatric.
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for Hyperbaric/Wound Care Nursing and managing all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment.
- Maintains competency in performing all skills outlined in the RN-Hyperbaric/Wound Care Competency Skills List.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care. Will participate in peer review and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Responsible for administration of medication, knowledgeable of actions, indications, contraindications, adverse reactions, dosage and route of all drugs administered.
- Obtaining blood from venous access line (Groshong catheters, subclavian lines, Port-a-Caths, etc.).
- Assists physician with procedures, as necessary (i.e., bone marrow biopsy, thoracentesis, chest tube insertion, subclavian line insertion).
- Responsible to clarify any order or treatment regimen that the nurse has reason to believe is inaccurate, non-efficacious or contraindicated by consulting with appropriate licensed practitioner and notifying the ordering practitioner when the RN makes the decision not to administer the medication or treatment.
**This position is PRN in our OUTPATIENT HYPERBARIC center. Hyperbaric center hours are Monday-Friday 0900-1730.**
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Current RN Texas Nursing license required.
- Current BLS certification.
- Experience with wound care required.
HCA Inc - 7 months ago