1. Actively supports, promotes and works
to fulfill the Mission, Vision and Values of the Midwest Center for
Youth and Families. 2. Provides excellent customer service to
internal and external customers.
3. Actively promotes customer
service throughout Midwest Center for Youth and Families by
practicing team building.
4. Meets all competency requirements
5. Demonstrates commitment to Service Excellence
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
1. Continually assesses the physical and emotional needs of each
2. Demonstrates awareness of the key elements of the
treatment plans for all assigned patients.
quality patient care to assigned patients.
4. Participates in
assigned groups/activities to meet the needs of various patient
populations and/or diagnostic groups.
5. Participates with
other personnel in maintaining a safe and therapeutic milieu.
6. Maintains professional standards of preparation, performance,
7. Promotes and maintains departmental
functioning in a professional manner.
8. Assists in the
physical, psychological, and social assessment of patients upon
admission and through discharge.
9. Develops, implements,
evaluates, and revises individualized care and treatment plans.
10. Completes medical teaching as indicated.
parents or guardian with each medication change.
weekly infection control rounds, medication effectiveness sheets, and
13. Makes outside doctor appointments for patients.
14. Facilitates nursing groups weekly or as needed.
Attends multidisciplinary staffing and serves as the medical and
16. Serves as liaison with the Medical
Director, Pediatrician, Pharmacist, Dietician, Caterer, and
17. Receives, documents, transcribes,
and carries out physicians orders.
patient’s daily reception of medication specific to therapeutic
passes, recreational outings, and discharge.
in provision of emergency care as needed.
effectiveness of medication regimen.
21. Redirects patients to
maintain infection control criteria.
22. Performs other duties
Minimum Skills, Experience, Licensure and Educational Requirements
1. Graduation from an accredited school of practical nursing
2. Basic understanding of psychiatric nursing theory,
and practice, with previous psychiatric clinical experience
3. Must be at least 21 years of age.
Demonstrated clinical competency in providing general nursing care
5. Current RN Licensure in the state of Indiana
Universal Health Services
- 2 years ago - save job
With dozens of health care facilities in nearly every state, Universal Health Services (UHS) isn't quite ubiquitous, but it's...