Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting,
engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a
diverse company, including individuals with expertise in
science, research, engineering, construction, and
information technology. Our strength is in collectively
providing integrated services—delivering the best
solutions to meet our clients' needs. With more than
14,000 employees worldwide, 350 offices worldwide and
2.75 Billion revenue in FY 2012, Tetra Tech’s
capabilities span the entire project cycle. We offer
competitive compensation and benefits and are searching
for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech currently has an opportunity for an RSOR –
Senior Project Health Physicist at our Sand Point, WA
(near Seattle) location. This position will supervise a
team of subcontracted radiation control technicians to
perform environmental radiological remediation. The
Senior Project Health Physicist will also develop
radiological work plans and final status survey reports
based on MARSSIM guidance. This position will Act as the
Radiation Safety Officer Representative.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
RPP and procedures through training and
- Implement the Radiation Protection Plan (RPP).
- Ensure employees understand the requirements of the
Environmental Health & Safety Plans including
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of
Environmental Protection Plans, Waste Management
Plans, regulatory compliance plans, emergency
response plans and health and safety plans.
interpret monitoring instruments.
- Determine the level of protective equipment, use and
levels, develop and recommend control measures and
- Analyze safety and health hazards, assess risk
incidents occurring on project sites.
- Investigate accidents, injuries, illnesses and
NRC and Agreement State regulations.
- Develop emergency procedures; ensure compliance with
- Prepare the health physics sections of proposals.
- Conduct and develop health physics training
- Conduct radiation related audits of projects and
determining the presence of an imminent health and
- Order the shutdown of site activities upon
- Participate in the development of business
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CREDENTIALS:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Health Physics or an associated
radiation safety officer preferred.
- Experience as NRC or Agreement State license
Candidates who are interested in joining our dynamic
- Experience with RESRAD software codes preferred.
- CHP certification strongly preferred.
team should submit a resume to Tetra Tech Inc., at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the
position that you are applying for in your cover letter
and include salary requirements. A pre-employment drug
screen is required.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we
value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all
interested parties including women, minorities, veterans
and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website
at www.tetratech.com to see the array of services that
we provide and exciting projects we are currently
If you are disabled and need assistance with your job
application process, please send the position you are
applying for to: email@example.com or send a
fax to (973) 630-8111.
Division/Department : ECI
Req. Code : ECI-Sr Proj Health Physicist-S
Tetra Tech puts technical know-how to work. The environmental management, consulting, and technical services group focuses on resource...