POSITION PURPOSE -
The Senior Staff Accountant position is primarily responsible for completing month-end close and preparing and analyzing financial statements.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations and the preparation of financial statements
General ledger account analysis and reconciliation
Review of gross margin and identification of issues contributing to below expected margins
Identification of financial risks and opportunities
Research and response to inquiries regarding costs and or budget variances
Review Financial Data for accuracy and integrity
Cash accounts reconciliation as well as daily cash reporting/tracking
NATURE AND SCOPE -
Position Reports to Title: Accounting Manager
Number of Direct Reports: No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
Environmental: Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Travel: Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
MINIMUM AGE: 18
Must pass drug and background tests.
EDUCATION- The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE- 5 yrs
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may need to move or lift light articles.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS -
Must pass drug and background tests. Must pass pre-employment tests, if applicable.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES -
- Ability to use financial applications
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Degree in Accounting
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Computer Skills with proficiency in Excel and Word, also knowledge of Solomon IV accounting software
- Detail oriented, deadline driven, organized individual able to handle multiple tasks while working independently or as part of a team
- Excellent analytical and proven problem solving skills
- Commitment to meeting daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines regardless of the obstacles( overtime may be required)
- Highly motivated and dedicated to contributing to the growth and success of the company
Home Depot - 9 months ago
The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer service and...