Technica LLC is seeking qualified Rough Terrain Cargo Handler (RTCH) mechanic candidates to fill our overseas positions. These are contract positions with the place of performance being Bagram, Afghanistan. This position works 11 hours a day, 7 days a week while OCONUS and pays approximately $102,000 a year.
Essential Duties: The Mechanic diagnoses mechanical problems, repairs and rebuilds equipment; checks and schedules work with other departments; orders parts as needed; welds, sandblasts and paints equipment. Diagnoses problems and repairs rolling stock such as mowing tractors, en-loaders, snow removal equipment, and salt spreaders. Diagnoses problems and repairs brakes, transmissions, rear-ends, and clutches, hydraulic systems, valves, pumps and electrical problems. Performs tune-ups on military vehicles routinely, welds equipment, sand blasts, paints and repairs body of equipment and prepares shop work orders on equipment repair. Maintains file cards of on ground fleet. Orders and picks up parts as needed to maintain stock. Checks and schedules work with other departments. Cleans shop, storage area and parts room. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have experience in hydraulics, familiarity with Terex, cranes, and/or other types of Material Handling Equipment (MHE)
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check.
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a government security clearance, if required.
- Must be able to obtain a US Passport.
- Must be able to complete all medical requirements prior to proceeding to CONUS Replacement Center (CRC) processing.
- Must have High school diploma or general education degree (GED), a minimum three years of work experience and should have the ability to diagnose mechanical problems and make repairs.
- Ability to perform job duties efficiently and effectively during a 77 hour work week.
- Must be able to lift 25 Lbs. Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Knowledge of standard materials, tools and equipment and skill in the use and care of tools.
- The ability to type and knowledge of general office practices and procedures is required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos, and write simple correspondences.
- Must also be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Must be able to maintain cleanliness and good hygiene practices to include hand-washing, bathing, and personal care routines.
Technica is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EO/AA) Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, nationality, age, disability or sexual orientation. We offer health, dental, vision, short-term, long-term and life insurance benefits as well as 401K options to all full-time personnel.
To be considered for employment, complete Technica's online application in full.
Technica specializes in performance-based logistics (PBL). We focus on metrics to drive efficiencies in time and money for the military...