RV Driver (TEMPORARY POSITION) - Syracuse, NY
About WellCare: WellCare Health Plans, Inc. provides managed care services targeted to government-sponsored health care programs, focusing on Medicaid and Medicare. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, WellCare offers a variety of health plans for families, children, and the aged, blind, and disabled, as well as prescription drug plans. For more information about WellCare, please visit the Company's website at www.wellcare.com.
Our History: Founded in 1985 with three associates, WellCare grew to more than 800 associates and 467,000 members in Florida, New York and Connecticut by 2002. In 2004, the company acquired Harmony to enter the Midwest and became publicly traded. By 2006, WellCare served 2.2 million members as it became a national prescription drug plan provider and the largest Medicaid plan in Georgia. WellCare expanded its services when it began offering Medicaid managed care plans in Ohio and Missouri in 2007, and Medicare managed care plans in Texas and New Jersey in 2008. Additional growth followed when the company was chosen to serve Hawaii's Medicaid program for the aged, blind or disabled in 2009, and in 2011 when it was selected to serve Kentucky's Medicaid program. Today, WellCare has more than 3,900 associates and approximately 2.4 million members nationwide.
EOE: All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age forty (40) and over, disability, veteran status, or national origin.
The Position of Driver, RV, provides reliable transportation support to the New York sales team with priorities focused on safety and service.
- Operates RV in a safe and courteous manner
- Serves as a communication link between field Sales staff and inside Sales Support
- Maintains a neat, clean and professional appearing vehicle both inside and out
- Assists Sales teams with inventorying, loading and unloading supplies
- Fuels assigned vehicle
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date records on trip sheets, fuel purchases, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records requested from management
- Coordinates the schedule of major or periodic vehicle maintenance with management and staff to minimize interruptions to Sales staff
- Responds immediately to accident or medical emergencies by notifying emergency response providers
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid New York driver’s license
- Safe driving record
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Skilled at driving large vehicles, i.e. an RV, in heavy urban traffic
- Ability to read and interpret maps and driving directions to plan the most efficient routes
- Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs
- Ability to read and interpret road signs in English
- Light physical effort; regularly lifts packages up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 lbs
- Prolonged standing and sitting
- Work involves exposure to extremes in weather, dust, fumes, and/or loud noises
Yes, 100 % of the Time
Is a relocation package available?
WellCare knows that to get well, all you need is a little care. WellCare Health Plans provides managed-care administrative services to...