Parallon Business Solutions, based in Franklin, Tennessee is a recently formed subsidiary of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) and provides healthcare organizations with financial management, supply chain, purchasing, I.T. and staffing services that allow those organizations to concentrate on providing high quality patient care. Over the past 12 years, Parallon’s shared service solutions have been developed and proven in 250 hospitals and 2,000 non-acute care providers across the country. Through its five business units, Parallon provides complete revenue cycle and business process expertise, workforce management, supply chain and I.T. services along with the purchasing power of HealthTrust Purchasing Group that serve approximately 1,400 hospitals and 11,000 non-acute care providers. Parallon has a team of nearly 25,000 dedicated people who are committed to serving the needs of the healthcare industry.
The RVP Sales & Marketing, Revenue Cycle Solutions will be a client facing, self motivated and entrepreneurial sales position reporting to the SVP of Sales & Marketing. He/she will assume a leadership role within the sales organization and bring deep sales, client and competitive insights to drive top-line growth by pursuing qualified opportunities. The RVP Marketing & Sales, Revenue Cycle Solutions will have direct responsibility to drive sales results for the business unit through the sales cycle to close and implementation / start up. The RVP Sales & Marketing, Revenue Cycle Solutions will drive new client acquisition through personal interactions with deep networks of hospital system leaders, including CEOs/CFOs/COO’s, VP of Revenue Cycle and other contacts as mandated by the client’s organizational design.
- In this consultative role, sell end to end revenue cycle services, and other business services and technologies as defined by management.
- Closely coordinate activities with the VP / RVP of Client Solutions on qualified leads to move sales opportunities through the sales cycle to fruition.
- Engage senior and executive level client decision makers throughout the selling process, conduct demonstration, and make in person presentations.
- Work effectively with the other business unit and enterprise sales organizations within Parallon to share leads, contact information and develop business.
- Communicate competitive strategies, new products, services and technologies to senior management.
- Maintain a robust pipeline, keep all opportunity and sales forecast information current and report reasons for both won and lost business.
- Work with business unit marketing resources to develop needed sales collateral in support of selling efforts.
- Communicate with Parallon sales operations on needed training, sales support tools, modifications to Salesforce.com and market activity to better position Parallon for success.
- Systematically surface to business unit marketing and/or sales operations competitive information relative to new offerings, sales approaches, or other market activity as discovered.
- Collaborate with the Client Executives and Client Solutions team on account strategies to ensure clients are well served and that growth opportunities are uncovered and followed through final resolution.
A Bachelors degree in business, or related field is required, with a Masters degree preferred. Experience to include:
- Minimum 5 years direct sales experience or equivalent required.
- Demonstrated success in exceeding goals through the direct generation of revenue.
- Outstanding sales skills, with a consultative and collaborative sales approach.
- Proven ability to communicate and influence hospital executives and managers.
- Deep knowledge and experience in the acute care industry, with an emphasis in both hospital and physician revenue cycle services.
- Ability to travel four days a week.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Advanced presentation skills including use of MS PowerPoint.
- Requires excellent PC skills, including MS Excel, MS Word, CRM Software (such as Salesforce.com) and other applications as required by Management.
- Highly desired: Personal networks of CEOs/CFOs/ COO’s, Revenue Cycle Executives of large hospitals or hospital systems.
- Highly desired: Relevant prior experience selling end-to-end revenue cycle outsourcing services, and/or revenue cycle consulting services.