JOB TITLE: Radiology Technologist
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES -
Performs basic radiographic procedures (examples include: fluoroscopy, portable radiographic procedures, C-arm procedures, OR imaging services and routine procedures). Knowledgeable in detecting adverse symptomology relating to procedure or contrast related problems. Requires minimum supervision under the direction of the Radiologist. Complies with DOH standards. Demonstrates initiative, requires minimal supervision and has a working knowledge of the imaging equipment utilized. Graduated AMA approved school, current ARRT and Florida State License.
1. Mammography - Mammography Certificate required. Demonstrates proficiency at routine diagnostic mammography procedures including but not limited to screening mammograms, diagnostic mammograms, needle localization and specimen imaging. Knowledgeable in surgical/sterile procedure for specific mammography procedures and anatomy. Maintains Quality Control program and all regulatory information current. Complies with MQSA standards.
2. CT Scanning - CT Certification preferred. Demonstrates proficiency at routine diagnostic CT Scanning procedures including, but not limited to CT head/brain, neck, thorax, spines, abdomen/pelvis, extremities and biopsies/drainage procedures. Complete knowledge of processing capabilities of CT system (3-D reconstructions, reformations etc.) Knowledgeable in surgical/sterile procedure for specific CT Procedures and cross sectional anatomy. Has thorough operational knowledge of all related CT equipment such pressure injector and patient monitoring devices.
3. Special Procedures - Specials Certification preferred. Demonstrates proficiency at routine special procedures including but not limited to digital subtraction, angiography, CO2 studies, stent placements, angioplasty and biopsy/drainage procedures. Complete knowledge of processing capabilities of imaging system (digital technology, image subtractions, computer processing etc.) Knowledgeable in surgical/sterile procedure for specific special procedures and in vascular anatomy. Has thorough operational knowledge of all related equipment such as pressure injector and patient monitoring devices.
RTI: Is an Radiology Techologist.
RTII: Is proficient in 1 of 3 specialties (Mammography, Special Procedures or CT Scanning) at a professional and technical level.
RTIII: Is proficient in 2 of 3 specialties (Mammography, Special Procedures or CT Scanning) at a professional and technical level.
SUPERVISOR - Nursing Supervisor
SUPERVISES - None
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Uses equipment in a safe and effective manner, reporting repairs to appropriate person.
- Competent and responsible in prevention of contamination and transfer of infection.
- Reduces hazards/risks, prevents accidents/injuries and maintains safe conditions in workplace.
- Participates in departmental/organizational Performance Improvement activities as requested.
- Insures timely and accurate communication of patient information with health care team members as may be required for prompt and efficient patient care.
- Completes all necessary written documentation (patient education, requisition information including tech initials in "flash" area, patient history), contrast and/or pregnancy forms if applicable.
- Completes all necessary computer documentation in a timely manner without reminders (moving exams from "ordered" status to "taken").
- Correctly identifies films.
- Master film jacket, film sleeve (if applicable), report folder, comparison films, interim report (if applicable), new films and patient requisition are neatly compiled and placed in Radiologist's office for interpretation.
- Obtains high quality films (good patient positioning and proper imaging technique). Demonstrates technical expertise to operate Imaging equipment.
- Assumes emergency call as needed.
- Monitors MOX daily for communications or information and responds accordingly
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Completes work within appropriate time frame.
- Demonstrates ability to set priorities.
- Performs accurately and in a timely manner in periods of increased work loads and high stress.
- Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instructions.
- Demonstrates a through knowledge of work practices.
- Follows through with assignments and informs supervisor if unable to complete task.
- When work is completed, seeks additional tasks to be done.
- Performs duties in a cost-effective manner.
- Business Acumen
- Business or technical training. Graduated from AMA approved school.
- Current ARRT, state licensure, and BLS Certification
HCA Inc - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard