Making it Possible
Shaping the Future of Radiation Oncology:
Programmers Make It Possible
Step into the high performance world of Radiation Oncology at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, where results-driven professionals bring technical ingenuity to an ever-evolving environment. Ranked as a top center for adult and pediatric cancer treatment (U.S.News & World Report), we’re delivering life-changing care using Real-Time Treatment Planning Systems and other advanced technology. Now, you have the opportunity to help Make It Possible:
Radiation Oncology Systems Analyst
In this Programmer Analyst III position, develop, install, configure and maintain departmental systems and applications in support of our Ivy League medical center – setting standards that shape the future of Radiation Oncology. As a Programmer Analyst, you’ll communicate with end-users to understand their clinical and business needs. You’ll coordinate application development and migration with developers from multiple teams, while continuously monitoring system performance.
Conduct system and application analyses and recommend improvements. Create or modify change management procedures, and train relevant staff on the use of new and enhanced software and equipment.
Join a versatile software development team that includes application designers, physicians, physicists, therapists and dosimetrists. Seize the opportunity to learn about all aspects of the medical software development process, and make the most of your career with a hospital that’s recently been named among the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" by Computerworld magazine.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- At least three years of experience developing software using a modern platform such as Microsoft .NET or JDK
- Extensive experience with high-level, object-oriented programming languages such as Microsoft Visual Basic, C, C++, C# and COBOL; UNIX shell script (particularly inter-process communications programming and multithreaded programming); Perl and Java
- Experience with an assembly language
Become part of a culture where patient and employee satisfaction scores are at all-time highs. Enjoy benefits like hospital housing, hospital retirement contributions, financial planning assistance and more.The official title of this position is Programmer Analyst III - IS
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Experience developing scientific or medical software
- Experience with data visualization and image-based graphics
- A thorough understanding of Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with operating systems including DOS, Windows/Windows NT and UNIX
- Experience with Microsoft Access, dBASE, JCL, CICS and Ads Plus
- Experience with NetWare, TCP/IP, Novell, HL7 and SNA
- Experience with Healthcare Gateway products
- 3 years ago - save job