MSMC is the Only Florida hospital to win the Commission on Cancer Outstanding Achievement Award three times in a row, and the first and only radiation oncology program to be accredited in South Florida. The CoC created the Outstanding Achievement Award to recognize programs that strive for excellence in providing quality cancer care. Mount Sinai successfully completed an on-site survey and received a three-year Approval with Commendation.
Why MSMC Cancer Center?
• Fully integrated Varian environment: ARIA v10, Trilogy, 21EX, 2100CD, Topex Superficial, Varisource HDR
• Innovative department offering a variety of modalities: RA, SRS, SBRT, HDR, LDR, onboard imaging, respiratory gating
• Two locations, with opportunities for expansion
• Work with three physicists and one very experienced CMD
1. Performs technical tasks associated with the localization of tumors.
2. Delivers prescribed dosage of ionizing radiation to patients undergoing therapy.
3. Observes and reports changes in patient's condition to Lead Radiation Therapist or physician as needed.
4. Records treatment administered on patient's chart.
5. Prepares treatment room; explains procedures and assists patients in preparing for treatment.
6. Reviews set-up of equipment and patient positioning.
7. Assists other radiation therapist in planning set up of treatment
8. Monitors adherence to radiation safety factors on the unit.
Mount Sinai Medical Center - Florida - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Founded in 1949, Mount Sinai Medical Center is the largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital in South Florida. Mount...