Radiation Therapist - Radiation Oncology
- This position has access to and knowledge of extremely sensitive, private and confidential materials. Ability to maintain the highest standard is required with zero tolerance.
All the primary duties within this document will be performed according to established policies, procedures and guidelines within the department and the Medical Center .
The Staff Radiation Therapist is responsible for providing radiation therapy to patients in accordance with the prescription and instructions of the Radiation Oncologist. Works collaboratively with other members of healthcare team.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. Delivers accurately the prescribed planned course of radiation therapy with minimal supervision.
2. Visually and aurally monitors patient at all times during treatment.
3. Observes patient for unusual reactions and events and reports it to nursing staff and/or radiation oncologist.
4. Documents care appropriately; maintains records of daily treatments and all technical information required.
5. Assists in performing other technical functions of the Radiation Oncology department; simulator, basic dosimetry, localization procedures, preparation of immobilization devices, etc, CT simulator procedures.
6. Obtains weekly port films and presents such at chart rounds for review by Radiation Oncology staff.
7. Participates in department quality performance activities; i.e. performs and documents daily accelerator warm-up and QA procedures.
8. Observes radiation safety measures for patient and personnel at all times.
9. Assumes on-call status on a rotation basis as needed.
10. Participates in timely and efficient admission, transfer and discharge of patients.
11. Attends department conferences and scheduled in-service lectures.
12. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
1. Education: Graduate of an accredited school of radiation therapy technology.
2. Licensure / Certifications: Board certified or registry eligible by ARRT. American Heart Association HS (Heart Saver) required.
3. Experience: One to two years experience as ARRT preferred.