- Coordinates, prepares, reviews, and distributes the broadcast traffic logs of activities for KNAU radio station to be used by announcers. Includes preparing pre-logs and debriefing logs, verifying all program times, breaks and format.
- Formulates, edits and processes contracts, copy and traffic orders. Keeps track of Underwriting Excel spreadsheets.
- Coordinates and schedules KNAU Day Sponsors. Maintains contact with the Day Sponsor and prepares and clears copy.
- Maintains a central file of all the data required for preparation of the daily logs required for the operation of radio station including FCC Public File.
- Assists Finance Director with accounts receivables, monthly invoicing and billings.
- Actively participates and plays coordinating role in fund drive activities. Serves as a Pledge Captain for the pledge drives, schedules volunteers, processes pledge drive data.
- Miscellaneous responsibilities are assigned.
- Supervises student workers and provides back- up when student workers are not available for the following areas of responsibilities: receptionist duties such as answering phones, distributing mail, greeting visitors, customer service, and ordering and tracking station supplies.
Associate's degree and two years of radio traffic experience, radio operations and/or general office management, OR,
four years' experience in radio traffic, OR,
an equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education approved by Human Resources.
Bachelor's degree and two years of radio traffic experience, radio operations and/or general office management.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of radio broadcast rules, regulations, and guidelines.
- Proficient in various office software applications including data entry.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- The ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
$28000 - $31500
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
December 18, 2012 at midnight.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
Northern Arizona University - 21 months ago