This position is located in Serra Mesa.
Variable 8-hour shift, weekends as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Satisfactory completion of formal X-Ray training program in an ARRT approved school and meets the
- State and/or Federal mandated certification or equivalent
- Current CRT licensure
- Current CA Fluoro licensure
- Current BLS/CPR and ARRT certification
- Minimum three years’ experience in an acute care hospital setting
- Able to perform all general X-Ray, Fluoroscopy and OR procedures
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision in a fast pace, trauma environment
- Strong customer service
- Strong communication and problem solving
- Basic Microsoft based computer skills
- Skill to function in a collaborative team environment
The Radiologic Technologist produces high quality exams in compliance with department policy, procedures and guidelines. Demonstrates commitment to providing safe, efficient, and quality care. Provides pre and post procedure education to patient and family. Verifies physician orders and utilizes RIS correctly to complete all paperwork. Adheres to all Sharp Healthcare practices and policies. Complies with all regulatory requirements including licensing, certification, and other mandatory training within established time frames.
Sharp Memorial Hospital’s Radiology and Imaging Services bring together innovative technology, caring professionals and outstanding leadership to provide quality patient care. We offer radiology and diagnostic imaging services that tailor to the individual needs of our patients. We employ advanced state-of-art technologies and equipment in general radiology and fluoroscopy, ultrasound, nuclear medicine CT and MRI. Our San Diego based radiologists and professional staff care committed to providing accurate and safe assessments for patients in a compassionate and efficient manner. Our Radiology Team has a strong commitment to quality care and customer service.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lifting up to 25 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carrying up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment back ground checks before starting work.
- 2 years ago - save job