General Statement of Duties :
Responsible to maintain technical skills needed to perform radiologic procedures and for the use of equipment to minimize hazards and maximize patient safety. Duties include proper operation of all x-ray equipment, developing images, use of the PACS system and digital equipment and preparing x-ray room for use.
Essential Job Functions :
1. The technologist must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care to pediatric, adolescent, geriatric and adult patients.
2. Demonstrates competency in areas of general diagnostic radiography, use of digital equipment, knowledge of the PACS system, positioning, procedure preparation and technical factors.
3. Responsible for the proper use of Computer System (scheduling exams, patient tracking, image tracking, proper completion of exams, capture charges).
4. Understands and follows infection control/universal precautions in the performance of all job tasks.
5. Accommodates inpatients or requests for urgent exams as the need arises.
6. Possess the ability to assess a situation, consider alternatives and choose an appropriate course of action.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics :
1. Education: One of the following:
A. Certificate of Training in Radiologic Technology Program
B. Associates of Science or above in Radiologic Technology
2. Experience: none required
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service
line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population
served (if applicable).
Current or previous experience in the hospital setting to include PACS system and digital
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required :Required:
Must have and Maintain Medical Radiologic Technologist Certification from Texas Department of Health
. American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification
HCA Inc - 12 months ago
The Methodist Hospital, established in Houston, Texas, in 1919, is one of the nation's largest private, non-profit hospitals and is a charte...