The Radiology Tech conducts radiologic procedures to provide data to assist in the diagnosis of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Operates x-ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body.
- Under the supervision of a Radiologist, performs x-ray therapy on patients.
- Explains procedures to patients and addresses their concerns.
- Positions patients utilizing immobilization devices.
- May administer barium salts or other chemical mixtures.
- Operates stationary equipment and/or portable equipment used in the Emergency Department, Operating Room and at patient bedside..
- Takes pictures and develops film.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- Provides a safe environment for administering contrast material.
- Assists with transporting patients.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Graduate of an accredited program for Radiographers.
- ARRT Certification
- Current state licensure or permit to practice medical imagining
- Current Certification in Basic Life Support
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
HCA Inc - 24 months ago
When asked what distinguishes Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute from other hospitals, it is simple. We are committed to...