**SEASONAL @ CENTRAL POINT**
Perform variety of duties related to operating a ranching/farming business including but not limited to caring for livestock, irrigation systems, operating farming machinery, planting, baling and loading crops, maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Cultivate, plant, spray, weed, and harvest crops and fields.
- Build and repair fences.
- Mow, rake, bale and load (mechanically and physically) crops.
- Feed, gather and doctor livestock.
- Drive or operate farm machinery, such as trucks, tractors, or self-propelled harvesters, to transport workers or supplies and to cultivate or harvest fields.
- Perform hardscape activities, including installation and repair of irrigation systems, resurfacing and grading of paths, rockwork, and erosion control.
- Assist with minor maintenance and repair of ranch/farm equipment (i.e. replace blades, grease machines, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate required. Associates Degree in Agriculture strongly preferred.
- 3+ years verifiable experience working on a professional ranch or farm required.
- 3+ years experience with Irrigation, Livestock and Heavy Equipment Operations required.
- Basic mechanic abilities required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Able to handle multiple priorities and tasks at once in a fast paced environment.
- Valid Oregon CDL preferred, current Oregon Drivers License, with farm endorsement required with the ability to qualify for the UIDC’s Drivers Program.
Umpqua Indian Development Corporation - 8 months ago