The Raw Materials Buyer/Planner is to serve as liaison between the Brewmasters and Purchasing by ensuring that their creative brewing concepts can be turned into reality as it relates to the raw materials needed.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Finding unique ingredient opportunities
• Accountable for facilitating the timeline of sourcing and receiving raw materials for all Lips Of Faith beers, Pilot Brewery beers, Elysian Trip Beers, and Collaboration beers.
• Responsible for locating and/or procuring possible new sources of supply and researches alternative suppliers and materials.
• Buying multiple ingredients as options for Brewmasters while communicating with Buyers about cost, potential larger scale availability and harvest time of said ingredients.
• Controls the inventory of above-mentioned materials in accordance with management objectives
• Develops seasonal/yearly purchasing plan for upcoming purchasing needs
• Responsible for Kosher certification for all beers
• Communicating on behalf of the brewmaster and assistant brewmaster as necessary.
• Main source of communication for creating new products between Brewmasters and Raw Materials Purchasers
• Ensure all changes are communicated in a clear timely manner, in order to maintain a constant flow in the process and avoid rework
• Work with Sales, Branding, Purchasing and S&OP to streamline systems from initial product development to full-scale production
• Back-up for Raw Materials Planner – including cycle counting, order placement, monitoring inventory levels, bill of material creation
Required Skills/Experience (but not limited to):
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, or equivalent experience
• Sound understanding of Supply Chain process
• Understanding the full scope of raw material through the brewery or other beverage industries
• Solid knowledge of the beer industry and the brewing process (desired)
• Solid project management skills (desired)
• Strong attention to detail
• Thrives in an ever-changing environment and enjoys being busy
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of personnel within the organization, including presenting information and responding to questions from individuals, clients, and customers
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Solid working knowledge and abilities with computers and related software
• Basic knowledge of accounting principles and concepts
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
• Comfortable with ambiguity – has the ability to interpret vague concepts and turn them into action plans
• Ability to exercise initiative and judgment as well as make decisions within the scope of authority
• Moderate physical activity is required by handling objects up to 50 lbs. occasionally and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently.