This position is located in Serra Mesa.
8 hour variable shift: Monday – Friday with possibility of weekends.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred
- Requires a valid California drivers license
- Requires a minimum of 2 years' experience in Supply Chain or mail handling; healthcare industry experience preferred
- Requires the ability to work with detail
- Requires excellent computer skills in Supply Chain Information System, and E-mail systems, experience with business software (word processing, spreadsheet, etc.) preferred.
- Requires excellent customer service skills
- Requires the ability to be able to remain calm and courteous during telephone or face to face contact with angry or frustrated customers
- Must be able to work in a high stress, minimally predictable often past paced environment
The Rcvg/Mail/Stock Clerk processes all receipts for areas assigned and delivers material to appropriate department and/or individual(s). Ensures appropriate level of accountability for material. Processes returns with assistance of purchasing staff as assigned. Sorts incoming mail and packages/parcels from the US Postal Service and various commercial carriers (UPS, Federal Express, Airborne, etc.).
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
- Must possess the ability to finger-pick, pinch or otherwise work with the fingers, handle, seize, hold, grasp and turn with the use of the hands
- Ability to stand or walk up to 8 hours a day
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment back ground checks before starting work.
- 2 years ago - save job
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...