Provide effective and efficient technical assistance and training to ESC clients for the development and implementation of programs to improve the performance of students.
Effective organizational, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
General knowledge of content area
Knowledge of curriculum, instruction, and assessment practices
Valid Texas Teaching Certificate with endorsement in area of assignment or appropriate
Three years teaching experience
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Provide technical assistance to school district personnel in all components of
educational programs and services related to specific assignment.
2. Develop, train and provide/facilitate professional development activities for school
district personnel throughout the region.
3. Research, develop, evaluate and coordinate educational plans, programs, materials
and services related to specific assignment.
4. Comply with federal and state laws, State Board of Education Rules, and ESC board
policy and procedures.
5. Manage project budgets efficiently and accurately.
6. Provide training to district personnel in the use of instructional materials.
7. Compile, maintain and file all records and other documents as required.
8. Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical and responsible.
9. Keep informed of and comply with ESC policies and procedures.
10. Articulate and support the Center mission and instructional philosophy.
Computer and Multi-Media Equipment
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
Ability to interpret policy, procedures and data
Ability to instruct
Maintain emotional control
Frequent in-region and occasional out-of-region travel
Occasional Prolonged and irregular hours
Works with frequent interruptions
Ability to conduct on-site technical assistance and staff development
Region III Education Service Center - 15 months ago