The Receiver is responsible for pumping incoming raw milk or cream from tank trucks into storage tanks, document and record volume into inventory. High Responsibility - with quality and efficiency being the major concern.
· Analyze process data and equipment performance data to improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot.
- Pump incoming milk from tank trucks to storage tank, and compute and record volume of milk received.
- Weigh loaded truck on platform scale and records weight on log sheet.
- Dip and pour sample of milk from vent hole of truck into bottle for laboratory analysis.
- Take temperature of milk, and record data and temperature reading.
- May perform antibiotic and other laboratory tests as required.
- Transfer milk to tank, read milk-flow meter, and record volume pumped on record sheet.
- Wash and sanitize interior and exterior of tank.
- Weigh empty truck and record weight.
- Compute difference between loaded and unloaded weights of truck to verify accuracy of meter.
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
· Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
· Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
· High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience
· Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
· Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Must be able to s tand, walk, kneel and bend for virtually the entire shift. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently. Using a safety harness; will be required to climb high, restricted areas.
- Must be able to work in a wet environment. Some exposure to chemicals.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all drug and background checks (including criminal).
Dean Foods Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
NOTE: In order to be considered for this position, please submit a resume through the Dean Foods website at www.deanfoods.com . No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
Dean Foods - 2 years ago