In a manufacturing environment, performs moderately difficult to difficult material handling activities. Assist other departments and coworkers as needed.
1. Put away raw material and may move finished goods to trailers from production areas.
2. Assists in locating and monitoring new die sets to best utilize storage space.
3. Uses scanner when moving product from location to location
4. Works with storage and inventory of containers
5. Drives multiple types of forklifts in a safe manner
6. Loads and unloads trucks as they arrive
7. Uses overhead hoists to safely load and unload trucks
8. Keeps all material neat and orderly in accordance with the Five-Pillar concept.
9. Must be capable of using Axapta software programs to enter time/payroll information, job information, etc.
10. Maintains a clean and safe work area.
11. Follows all safety regulations.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Graduation from high school or equivalent.
Experience and Skills Required: At least one year of recent experience which includes the following skills and abilities:
1. Strong working knowledge of the equipment, materials, methods and practices used in material handling.
2. Working knowledge of related safety equipment to include proper use of safety equipment and proper safety precautions (forks down, no climbing racks, using walkway doors, etc.).
3. Ability to organize, coordinate and perform material handling activities in a production environment.
4. Must have knowledge of where material is used to coordinate with truck drivers where to dock trailers.
5. Ability to understand, follow and issue routine oral and written instructions.
6. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
7. Ability to anticipate potential bottlenecks in the production process and react to them in a safe and efficient manner.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
BTD - 14 months ago