Macfadden is an employee-owned, international professional services corporation that applies integrated information technology solutions and program/project management expertise to help solve critical issues impacting the health, safety and security of the world around us. Since 1986, federal agencies have relied on Macfadden for mission critical support in the areas of international disaster coordination and humanitarian assistance, geographic information systems, compliance and monitoring support, –knowledge management, and systems engineering and integration.
Macfadden is proud of our long term partnerships with our clients and our goal is to always exceed their expectations. From rapid delivery of personnel and funds to the scene of a humanitarian crisis to the development of sustainable economic infrastructure; from compliance support to maintaining critical IT financial systems, Macfadden delivers results. We provide responsive, flexible and innovative approaches and technologies to help our clients succeed in their critical missions. With more than 200 employees, Macfadden is headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland with multiple client site operations worldwide.
When you become a Macfadden employee-owner, you will be working with a team of competent, experienced professional who care deeply about your success. That's what sets us apart and drives our commitment to our customers.
We seek a self-directed candidate with solid administrative skills, who is flexible, a quick learner and willing to perform a variety of routine and complex administrative duties. Responsibilities of this position include, (but are not limited to):
- Reception Area Management: Ensuring the smooth operation of the reception area, answering phones, greeting and signing in visitors, contractors and vendors.
- Human Resources Support: Updating various HR databases (position descriptions, personnel directory, resumes and organizational charts) and providing support across all facets of HR: (e.g., payment of HR vendor invoices, completing mass mailings to employees and/or candidates, and other special projects as assigned).
- Accounting Support: Filing accounting and contracts paperwork, conducting simple reconciliations (e.g. matching documents with authorizations), and updating vendor files.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
· a continual learner : completion of college-level college coursework in a related field required; (completion of an Associate’s or a Bachelor’s degree a plus).
· Experienced : a minimum of two (2) years' experience in and administrative support role, preferably supporting more than one department, is required.
· Technology-literate : Competency with the MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) is essential; all candidates selected for an interview will be tested on these applications.
· A visible professional: a professional appearance and demeanor at the front desk is essential, as well as demonstrated ability to communicate with visitors, callers and colleagues in a professional manner.
· Flexible : Our work environment changes daily; the ability to take on new tasks and demonstrate the initiative to learn and apply new skills is essential.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden's assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company's latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Macfadden - 14 months ago