Now in its second century, Audubon is dedicated to protecting birds and other wildlife and the habitat that supports them. Audubon’s mission is engaging people in bird conservation on a hemispheric scale through science, policy, education and on-the-ground conservation action. By mobilizing and aligning its network of Chapters, Centers, State and Important Bird Area programs in the four major migratory flyways in the Americas, the organization will bring the full power of Audubon to bear on protecting common and threatened bird species and the critical habitat they need to survive. And as part of BirdLife International, Audubon will join people in over 100 in-country organizations all working to protect a network of Important Bird Areas around the world, leveraging the impact of actions they take at a local level. What defines Audubon’s unique value is a powerful grassroots network of nearly 500 local chapters, 23 state offices, 43 Audubon Centers, Important Bird Area Programs in 46 states, and 700 staff across the country. Audubon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant will act as the primary contact for visitors and donors while ensuring the smooth functioning of the National Audubon Society headquarters office and the leadership team. S/he will provide support to three senior managers at Audubon’s office and, in addition, will be responsible for maintaining the office’s common and social areas. Candidates should also submit a cover letter in addition to their resume.
• Perform important Receptionist functions: answer the main telephone line and direct callers as needed; act as Audubon's first point of contact by greeting, guiding, and accommodating visitors arriving in the office.
• Provide daily administrative support for three senior managers, including calendar management, booking travel arrangements and completing travel and expense forms.
• Assist with scheduling and organization of staff meetings, workshops, and conferences held at headquarters.
• Assist with general office maintenance for senior managers, including ordering office supplies and processing invoices and mail.
• Completing other duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• At least 3 years experience in an administrative or secretarial position required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite -- specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint -- required.
• Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and organize workload and assignments.
• Exemplary organizational skills, with detail-orientation and ability to juggle multiple tasks from several managers.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people on- and off-site.
• Articulate communicator, with ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Prompt and dependable, with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Must be able to maintain a positive attitude in a dynamic environment, and a professional work ethic.
• Interest in birds and conservation a plus.
National Audubon Society, Inc. - 19 months ago
National Audubon Society is committed to conserving and restoring natural ecosystems, focusing on birds and other wildlife for the benefit...