The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant serves as the front office first point of contact for newcomers to Rice University Executive Education (telephonically, electronically or in person). This position requires knowledge of department activities and procedures in order to handle a broad range of inquiries. The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant resolves most questions and problems, referring more complex issues to higher levels. This position provides broad department administrative support for operations, program delivery and executive scheduling.
HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience may not be substituted for the education requirement.
- Front office experience of engaging both internal and external stakeholders.
- Some experience in customer and/or client relations and providing administrative support.
Education may not be substituted for the experience requirement.
Other Skills Required
- Must have strong PC skills, including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) including: macro queries, mail merge, and creation of charts and reports.
-Ability to make decisions independently and work with minimal supervision.
-Work collaboratively with a diverse group of faculty, staff and clients.
- Superlative communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to independently compose correspondence.
- Ability to maintain a positive and helpful attitude.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks from a variety of stakeholders, be detail oriented, and able to work in an open office environment.
Other Skills Preferred
(e.g. Weekend/evening work, travel, inclement weather, hazards)
Work environment is busy and frequently fast-paced and demanding. Workload is heavy, exceptionally demanding, and responsibility for details is great. Pressure is intense and time constraints are extreme during preparation and marketing of programs. In spite of this, must maintain a pleasant, positive and helpful demeanor when relating to others.
Salary Commensurate with Experience and Qualifications
Eligible for Overtime
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Eligible for Shift Differential
Not Shift Differential Eligible
Rice University - 13 months ago
You have to be as wise as an owl to attend Rice University, and have really good SAT scores. Often referred to as the "Ivy League of...