Assists with daily operational needs of the clinic, assists the medical staff with coordination of patient care and administrative details by performing the following duties: coordinating the front office operations and performing key clinic receptionist functions including greeting arriving patients and visitors in person; answering telephones; screening calls and visitors to determine nature of request or problem; taking messages; scheduling, rescheduling and canceling appointments with clinic providers using computer system; taking standard information for billing, administrative or other purposes; distributing a variety of forms and informational materials; maintaining medical records; charting; rooming; answering questions about clinic policies, procedures, fees, schedules, services, programs, etc.; assisting with completion of forms; calling in referrals to other health care providers. Perfoms registration and billing duties including registers patients; posts charges, payments, and adjustments; maintains cash collections and petty cash; reconciles and prepares deposits; addresses billing issues through the Clinical Practice Manager.
Schedule: Full - Time- 40 hours
Contact: Kaycee Sandoval
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Minimum of one year experience general medical office experience.
• Knowledge of State, Federal and Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations required: clinic policies and procedures: medical terminology: computer programs and applications.
• Excellent Customer Service skills required.
• Communication and organizational skills required.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs required. Skill in basic office equipment , multi-line telephone system, good communication skills.
* Ability to work effectively with Providers and other healthcare team members. Ability to prioritize and organize tasks effectively: communicate clearly: establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, team members, and the general public.
Holy Cross Hospital - Taos, NM - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard