Do you live by the statement “You only get one chance to make a first impression”? Are you looking for an opportunity to shine? If so, Apex is seeking a Receptionist/HR Administrative Assistant!
Apex is seeking a dynamic and friendly professional to ensure our guests’ needs are met and they receive a positive experience when calling or visiting us. We are seeking a tech savvy multi-tasker who never sees a project as too big or too small. This position will start out in our Chaska facility, and then will be located at our Eden Prairie campus this spring.
Apex International is a rapidly growing & financially stable environment that prides itself on internal employee development, promotion from within, and providing a fun and dynamic working environment. Apex International offers competitive wages, a full benefits package including medical & dental, various insurance (life, long & short term disability, AD&D), 401k options, generous vacation and additional PTO accrual.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
o Ensures that calls are answered quickly and routed appropriately.
- Create a positive first impression for all vendors, customers, employees and guests.
o Ensures that all entering the main entrance to our secured facility are authorized and/or greeted & registered.
o Ensures the proper handling of mail and courier packages; both incoming & outgoing.
Support talent acquisition activities to ensure effective recruiting and a positive candidate experience.
- Provides general administrative support to the Recruiting / HR department.
Support talent acquisition by posting and updating jobs, sending candidate’s applications and response notices and updating candidate tracking.
Updates job descriptions and employee assessment forms to support employee selection and development.
Supports company communication by creating and posting monthly newsletter.
Provide responsive on-boarding support including assembly of orientation packets and updating ERC as needed.
o Plan, organize and set up customer lunches.
- Provide general administrative support of various other depts. within the company.
o Maintain the requests and reconciles Uniform service bills.
o Assists with the planning & organizing of company sponsored employee events.
Qualification and Skill Requirements:
- Understand and maintain a culture of “lean action” within the department so that we live lean better than any organization.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Prior Experience : This position requires more than 2 years of successful receptionist & administrative support experience in a fast paced environment. Manufacturing environment experience a plus.
Knowledge Requirements: To be effective, this position requires Customer focus, Constant improvement, and results orientation as core character traits. This position requires excellent verbal communication skills.
Please note: This position is a 90 day contract to hire opportunity & we are seeking a candidate local to the Twin Cities metro. Apex is unable to sponsor employment at this time.
- Uses company processes and technology to improve the quality and efficiency of service, follows processes as described, and applies training effectively.
- Can maintain and grow technical knowledge and expertise. Can be accurate, precise and pay attention to detail.
- Has an expert knowledge of personal computer operation. Is highly proficient at Microsoft Office application (Excel/Word 2007 or higher).
- Experience handling a multi-line phone system.
- Can read and write at a college level.
- Understands and can do basic math to create a spreadsheet report or produce a query
Apex International - 14 months ago