In this position, the Receptionist/Medical Records Clerk assists patients in person and via the phone by making appointments, collecting demographic and insurance information, and directing calls to appropriate clinic personnel. In addition, this position is responsible for preparing, maintaining, and facilitating access to patient medical records for the purposes of patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
General Reception and Registration Functions
- Greets the patient and answers the telephone, communicates general practice information to patients and family members and provides patients with appropriate paperwork
- Gathers accurate information by interviewing patients, verifying insurance coverage, recording information using registration software, and obtaining signatures, for each patient encounter.
- Collects co-payments, past due balances and payments at time of service
- Utilizing provider protocols, schedules appointments, referrals and diagnostic tests, and maintains updates and distributes schedule
urgency of request
- Pulls and prepares charts for visits, telephone calls, and per staff request, prioritizing based on
Education, Experience and Licensure/Certification Requirements
- Prepares new records, repairs damaged records, archives files, and files charts and loose paperwork
representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the position
High School Diploma or equivalent
Current BLS certification (or successful completion within 3 months of hire) (site specific)
Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including Microsoft Word, as well as the ability to learn new applications relevant to the position
St. Vincent Healthcare - 20 months ago
The Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, Kansas founded St. Vincent Healthcare in Billings in 1898. Motivated by its mission to provide...